The biggest errors in Test Automation are actually not due to tools or coding at all, but lack of forethought, common sense and communication!
In this talk I will discuss my experiences, pitfalls and reflections in introducing different types of test automation into two companies I have worked in for the first time. You will learn about the mistakes I made and the painful lessons I learned in my own development, along with the thought processes that avoid them.
1) Automation Tools and Buy-In from Stakeholders
2) Discerning Between Good and Bad Areas to Automate
3) When to write your own Testing Framework or use Off the Shelf products
4) Managing Your Time and Resources if You also have a Manual Testing Load
5) Skills Development, Mentorship and Learning within the Testing Team